Rev. Dr. Michael Waters identifies as a member of the hip-hop generation living in an urban context. His purpose in writing is to inspire “hope in the promise of a new day, in the assurance of victory over defeat, and in the fulfillment of God’s promises within the created order.” Freestyle boldly confronts issues within the urban community such as addiction, education, incarceration, family issues, and absentee fathers. Based on his blogs from The Huffington Post, Waters speaks truth to relevant current events with his edgy but truthful perspectives.
Sample chapters include:
- Glory: A New Day for Family and Fatherhood in Hip Hop Culture
- With Deepest Regret: A Letter to the Ancestors
- An Odd Future for Faith in Hip-Hop
- The Liturgy of Trayvon Martin
- They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y)