Do you search the scriptures to validate your own beliefs and decisions, or do you allow the Word-in-text to search you? If you’re looking for a deeper experience of God’s Word, this study will support you in going beyond simple Bible study. You’ll find ideas to help you lay aside preconceived notions and daily worries, creating a place for a transforming encounter with God.
This 7-week small-group study (plus a preparatory meeting) includes a Participant’s Book for each group member and this Leader’s Guide. The Leader’s Guide provides the following:
- The structure of each weekly 2-hour group meeting
- A list of materials for all meetings
- Simple worship suggestions for opening and closing the meetings
- Instructions for facilitating shared insights and learning
- A variety of practical approaches to lectio divina
Sessions address these topics:
- Scripture: A Place of Transforming Encounter
- Silentio: Preparing to Be Read by Scripture
- Lectio: Ingesting the Word
- Meditatio: Wrestling with God
- Oratio: Letting God Know How We Feel
- Contemplatio: Abandoning Ourselves to God in Love
- Incarnatio: The Word Becoming Flesh in Us
7 5/16" x 9 1/4"