The Way of Scripture Participant's Book is also available for small group members.
Do you search the scriptures to validate your own beliefs and decisions, or do you allow the Word to search you? If you're looking for a deeper experience of God's Word, this study will support you in going beyond simple Bible study. You'll find ideas to help you lay aside preconceived notions and daily worries, creating a place for a transforming encounter with God.
The Leader's Guide for the 8-week small-group study provides the following:
- The structure of each weekly 2-hour group meeting
- A list of materials for all meetings
- Simple worship suggestions for opening and closing the meetings
- Instructions for facilitating shared insights and learning
- A variety of practical approaches to lectio divina
Sessions address these topics:
- Silentio: Preparing to Be Read by Scripture
- Lectio: Ingesting the Word
- Meditatio: Wrestling with God
- Oratio: Letting God Know How We Feel
- Contemplatio: Abandoning Ourselves to God in Love
- Incarnatio: The Word Becoming Flesh in Us